Open Call for Proposals 2022
The Fourth World Congress of Psychogeography
Wish We Were Here
OPEN CALL FOR PROPOSALS Summer 2022; 4th September 2022
Join with us in celebrating the Seventh anniversary of the Fourth!
This year, we invite contributions of walks and psychogeographical projects - taking place wherever you are in the world - to be part of our dispersed, international programme.
Our theme this year is ‘Wish We Were Here’. Think of your project as ‘a postcard from’ your chosen place and time. We welcome proposals responding to this theme for:
• single or serial walks, be they solo, collaborative or open to the public
• place-based and psychogeographical pop-ups, performances, interventions and other
• workshops and walkshops
• collaborative creations and curations
Projects should take place over the summer, during the months of June, July and/or August 2022.
Pilots for bigger projects extending beyond the conference will also be considered.
We will celebrate programmed projects at an online showcase on Sunday 4th September 2022. How to apply
Submit your Outline Proposal by email to email@example.com by 17.00 BST on Saturday 30th April 2022.
Your submission should be an MS Word document or a PDF and address the following headings:
• Your Name
• Your email address
• Biographical info (30 words)
• Your website, or links to examples of previous work
• The title of your proposed project
• Type of activity (e.g. walk, workshop), approximate duration and geographical location(s)
• Description of your proposal project and how it fits with this year’s theme ‘Wish We Were Here’ (100 words)
NB: Public events must be free to participants. Please be aware that the Congress is unable to fund any activities or expenses for selected projects.
If your project is selected, we will ask you to supply additional details and a promotional image. Programmed projects will be advertised (and cheered on) through the usual congress channels. You will be invited to submit a digital ‘postcard from...’ for the online showcase on 4th September 2022, and we will liaise with you further about taking part in the event.
We look forward to receiving your proposals for a worldwide, Fourth World Congress!