Taking part in 4WCoP2020
Welcome to the 4th World Congress of Psychogeography in 2020. This year’s Congress will take place online from 4-6th September.
Most of the Congress takes place on public websites, including Zoom, Facebook and Vimeo. By joining the Congress, you consent to your public participation in proceedings, but you can control how public or how confidential you are to some extent.
- You may be a viewer, participant, contributor, facilitator or volunteer at the Congress. You decide and control how you take part.
- Each Congress event or activity is unique. Most take place on, or make use of, other existing platforms including Zoom, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and YouTube. Some require registration to participate fully. We suggest you check your chosen events before the Congress starts, and register if you need to. Then, at the start of each individual session, log in to the relevant platform.
- Some sessions may require you to download specific software. You will probably find this easiest if you do it before the Congress starts or right at the beginning, using a good WiFi connection.
- Some sessions have limited places and require booking. Please check carefully and book early to avoid disappointment.
- Please share your own photos, comments, etc on our Facebook Group to help bring the Congress to life!
- You may be asked by a session facilitator or one of our team if you will provide a ‘vox pop’ or give some other comment. Please do! We are hoping to create a record of this unique Congress.
- Feel free to start or join a discussion at any point on our Facebook Group.
- If you Tweet about the Congress please use the hashtag #4wcop2020 and mention us - @TykePychoGeog
If you wish to keep a low profile, you can protect your anonymity to some extent in the following ways:
- Act as a ‘viewer’ only and don’t take part in discussions. Any written comment you make will show the name you have registered with on that platform.
- If you join a video conference but don’t wish to be seen, you can turn your own camera off.
- Don’t take part in anything that you feel reveals more about you than you like.
- Please do NOT use a false name; this creates problems with trust, security and administration, which we don’t want to have to deal with. We reserve the right to block people who stop other participants enjoying the Congress, including anyone who hides their real identity.